Unleash your inner monster
Please use this link to sign up for shifts.
Attention volunteers! Looking for community-service volunteer hours? Why not volunteer with JCI Rochester Area Jaycees as a “Frightener” at the 46th Annual Tunnel of Terror in downtown Rochester? The Tunnel of Terror is open Friday and Saturday evenings in October starting October 11th from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm, with a new, additional night of Thursday, October 24th! Contact Russell at RussellFBauer@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Please arrive at 6:45 pm so that we can walk you through the haunted house and review your role for the evening. We will provide the costuming, but please dress in black clothing. Dinner will not be provided, so please bring your own snacks or make sure to eat before. We will try to provide some snacks but can’t guarantee this for every night.
If you are volunteering, you can find the Release for Liability here:
Everyone helping must fill out the above form to participate. If you are under 18, you need to print it out beforehand and have a parent or guardian sign it.
For any other questions please leave us a message at 248-652-7777 and we will return your call.
Rochester Municipal Park
Pine St. west of Main St.
and north of University Dr
In the parking lot off Pine Street
Near City Hall and the Police Station
West of Main Street
North of University Drive
House Rules for the Monsters
- YOU MUST fill out a Medical Release Form. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
- Do NOT touch the visitors; they have been instructed not to touch you.
- NO OBSCENITIES or SWEARING while spooking. Although we have fun scaring the bajeebers out of people, we need to be polite about it.
- SILENCE IS GOLDEN! Conversations with other spooks about your girlfriend or what you had to eat for lunch when visitors are in the house…kinda ruins the effect of the house so hold your small talk until break time.
- NO ALCOHOL or intoxicated spooks will be allowed in the house.
- When a group comes through with a flashlight please tone down the level of scariness to a bare minimum as there will most likely be small children in the group. The Guide will use the code word FRIENDLY MONSTER
- Know where the fire extinguishers and the emergency exits are.
- Even if you don’t think you have any germs to spread…PLEASE CLEAN YOUR MASK at the start and end of the night.